There’s just something so comforting about a cooked sweet potato, filled with wholesome lentils, smashed avocado and soft, melted goats cheese. Perfect for chilly winter nights when you want a no-fuss, simple but nourishing dinner. Have fun with topping ingredients too – I love adding hummus, pesto or tahini to the mix!
Stuffed Sweet Potato with Goats Cheese, Lentils & Avocado
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 avocados
- 2x 400g tins canned, organic lentils
- 150g goats cheese, crumbled
- Handful of pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp parsley/coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Line a baking tray and place sweet potatoes on it, evenly spread. Using a fork, poke holes in each sweet potato.
- Place sweet potatoes in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until soft and cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain, rinse and dry lentils from can.
- Once cooked, remove sweet potato and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut in half and scrape about half of the sweet potato flesh out of the peel using a spoon, leaving enough room for the lentils, avocado and goats cheese.
- Fill each sweet potato with lentils and crumble goats cheese over the top. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes, until cheese is golden.
- Meanwhile, evenly spread the pumpkin seeds on another lined baking tray and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until toasted and slightly golden.
- Remove sweet potato and top with avocado, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped herbs and some chilli flakes!
- You can use any salty, soft cheese in this recipe – a nice marinated feta for example!
- Save the leftover sweet potato for another meal – like making it into this delicious mash!
- For my vegans, omit the goats cheese and sprinkle on some nutritional yeast before you eat 🙂