Creamy Broccoli (Vegetarian) Pasta
Years ago my friends and I went to this Italian restaurant in Melbourne and shared the creamiest broccoli pasta – that we still talk about. Then, a Sunday morning yoga session got me craving a warm creamy pasta dish. So of course I started brainstorming a healthy version of that to-die-for broccoli pasta! This dish just proves how deliciously indulgent healthy food can taste. And it’s so detox friendly! Just omit the parmesan and you have a completely dairy-free, gluten-free and guilt-free delicious winter meal!
Creamy Broccoli Pasta
- 2x organic broccoli heads
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
- Salt, pepper, chilli flakes – as desired
- 1 packet of Mung Bean or Brown Rice Pasta
- Grated parmesan and chopped basil, for topping
- Steam or boil the broccoli heads until soft and then cut them into florets.
- While the broccoli is steaming, boil the pasta in a pot of water on the stove.
- When the broccoli is cooked, add the broccoli to a food processor. Slowly add in the milk, olive oil and warm water – add enough warm water so that the broccoli becomes pureed.
- Add the seasoning and parmesan to the broccoli while it is being pulsed in the food processor.
- Strain the pasta once cooked and add to a bowl.
- Add the broccoli sauce to the pasta in a bowl. Top the pasta with extra parmesan and chopped basil.